This historic theater, built by architect Virginio Vespignani, was named after the Orvieto born composer Luigi Mancinelli. His brother was also a conductor at the
The theater opened on 19 May 1866. It is richly decorated by painter Cesare Fracassini, born in Orvieto, and by Annibale Angelini. The historical front curtain of the stage is impressive.
Inside the building are busts of composer Luigi Mancinelli, his brother Marino Mancinelli, who was a conductor, and the architect Vespignani.