It is sometimes hard to tell when to call a composer modern, as opposed to Romantic. In general you can say that the Moder Eara in music started around the year 1900. However, many composers continued to write pieces in a romantic fashion long after that.
Composers that were born in Armenia, or gained the Armenian nationality.
- Abrahamyan, Armine (1978–)
- Arutiunian|Arutunian|Arutyunyan|Arutjunjan|Harutiunian|Ալեքսանդր Գրիգորի Հարությունյան, Alexander (1920–2012)
- Babajanian|Babadzhanyan, Arno Arutyunovich (1921–1983)
- Babayan|Babaian, Vahram (1948–)
- Durian|Duryan|Օհան Դուրյան, Ohan (1922–2011)
- Gurdjieff|Գեորգի Գյուրջիև|Γιώργος Γεωργιάδης|Георгий Иванович Гюрджиев, George Ivanovich (1866–1949)
- Hovhanessian, Edgar Sergei (1930–)
- Khachaturian|Chatschaturian, Aram Ilyich (1903–1978)
- Mansurian, Tigran (1939–)
- Petrosyan, Aram (1972–)
- Shahrimanyan, Jirayr (1988–)
- Sharafyan, Vache (1966–)