A term used for composers who worked in Venice from about 1550 to around 1610. These composers were very influential, and the polychoral tradition tthey started was famous in all Europe. This new tradition was the transition of the Renaissance to the Baroque area in music.
- Castello, Dario (1590–1630)
- de Rore, Cipriano (1515–1565)
- Gabrieli, Andrea (1532–1585)
- Gabrieli, Giovanni (1554–1612)
- Merulo|Merlotti, Claudio (1533–1604)
- Monteverdi, Claudio (1567–1643)
- Willaert, Adriaan (1490–1562)