Film and TV composer Robert J. Walsh composed original scores for Film & Television. He received three Emmy Award Nominations for Outstanding Musical Direction in TV series. He was Musical Director at Warner Bros Animation, Hanna Barbera, Marvel Animation, Stan Lee Films, Screenmedia Ent, Gunther Wahl Animation, Lommel Films, Hollywood House of Horrors.
Representation: Screenmusic International, Encino, Ca. www.screenmusic.com
Films, documentaries & video games
- Transformers, the series Marvel Animation
- Transformers, the Video Game Warner Bros.
- The Transformers Movie Marvel Animation 1986
- Harry Potter I & I, the Video Gamea Warner Bros
- Scooby Doo, the Video Game Warner Bros.
- The Black Dahlia Lionsgate Entertainment
- The Green River Killer Lionsgate Entertainment
- The Raven Lionsgate Entertainment
- The B.T.K. Killer Lionsgate Entertainment
- The Zodiac Killer Lionsgate Entertainment
- Zombie Nation Lionsgate Entertainment
- Millennium Man Paramount MOW
- The Darwin Conspiracy Paramount MOW
- Nightstalker The Shadow Factory
- Curse of the Zodiac The Shadow Factory
- Son of Sam The Shadow Factory
- Harry Potter - the DVD Game Warner Bros Animation
- Scooby Doo - the DVD Game Warner Bros Animation
- Fever Lake Hemisphere Entertainment
- Number One Fan MCEG Sterling/Planet Prod.
- Dead On Orion Pictures/Stu Segal Prod.
- Countdown to Disaster TriVision Entertainment
- Illusions Prism Entertainment
- Anacondas-Giant Snake of the Amazon Discovery Channel
- Lethal and Dangerous Discovery Channel
- Missing Without a Trace Learning Channel
- Miracle Cures TV Series Pax Television
- Secrets of the Cryptkeeper’s Haunted House CBS Television 26 episodes
- Revenge of the Ninja Cannon Films
- The Shoot Axiom Entertainment
- The New Adventures of Rin Tin Tin Burt Leonard Productions
- Our Little Science Story Sock ‘em Dog Productions
- Treasures TV series LBS Communications
- My Little Pony - The Movie Sunbow Productions
- The Witching Associates Entertainment
- The Power Of Shakti New Vision Films
- Thunderbirds Big Little Films
- Hollywood Stuntmasters(26-hour series) DSL Productions
- A Year to Remember (26 hour series) British Pathe Tele./INI Dist.
- Last of the Caravans (90 min. Docu ) Monarex Films
- Heartbreaker Monarex Films
- Infinity Brato Films
- Young Warriors Cannon Films
- The Blue Frontier series Gillette Entertainment
- Demonoid Panarama Releasing
- Trimark Motion Picture Logo Trimark Releasing
- MCEG Motion Picture Logo MCEG Sterlin
- LIVE Entertainment Motion Picture Logo LIVE Entertainment
- Family Home Entertainment Logo LIVE Entertainment
- Daffy’s Fantastic Island Warner Brothers Films
- My Therapist series Shaftel Productions
- 1001 Rabbit Tales Warner Bros.
- Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie Warner Bros.
- Ouray Ice Festival 2000 TV Special Tomwill Entertainment
Television Animation Series & Specials
- Transformers TV series Marvel Animation
- The 7th Portal Series StanLee Media
- The Drifter Series StanLee Media
- The Accuser Series StanLee Media
- X-Men Original TV Movie Marvel Animation
- The Transformers Movie Marvel Animation
- G.I. Joe Extreme! TV series Gunther Wahl Productions
- My Little Pony - The Movie Sunbow Productions
- Muppet Babies TV Series Jim Henson Productions
- G.I. Joe Original TV Series Hasbro
- Defenders of the Earth TV Series King Features
- Pink Panther & Sons TV Series Hanna Barbarra
- Jem TV Series Hasbro
- Spiderman TV Series Marvel Animation
- Bitsy Bears TV Special Tyco Toys
- Daffy Duck’s Fantastic Island Warner Brothers
- Daffy-Speedy Saturday Show Warner Brothers
- The Cavegnaws TMS Ent/Multiglobe
- Fraggle Rock TV Series Jim H
- Big Foot TV Series Marvel Productions
- Jungle Book TV Special Amer. Film Inv. Corp.
- Jack & The Beanstalk TV Special Amer. Film Inv. Corp.
- Dungeons & Dragons TV Series Marvel Animation
- Young Astronauts Marvel Productions
- Robotix TV Series Sunbow Productions
- Blondie CBS Special CBS TV
- Inhumanoids TV Series Marvel Animation
- Potato Head Kids TV Series Marvel Animation
- Zacktales (add’l music) DIC Entertainment
- Snow White Amer. Film Inv. Corp.
- 1001 Rabbit Tales Warner Brothers
- The Adventures of T-REX TV Series All Amreican Comm.
- My Little Pony & Friends MarvelAnimation
- GloFriends TV series Marvel Animation
- GloFriends Save ChristmasTV Special Sunbow Productions
- Solarman Marvel Animation
- Pink Panther at the Olympinks Depatie Freling Ent.
- Sleeping Beauty Amer. Film Inv. Corp.
- Thanksgiving Day TV Special Nickolodeon
- Pandemonium TV series Marvel An
- Looney Looney World of Bugs Bunny Warner Brothers
- Little Rabbits Loose Tooth Learning Corp.
- Little Muppet Monsters TV series Jim Henson
- Bugs Bunny - All American Hero Warner Brothers
- The Railway Adventure (add’l music) DIC Animation
- Moondreamers TV series Marvel Animation
- Cowboys of Moo Mesa Gunther Wahl Animation
Additional Music for Films & Television
- The Flock American Pastime The Sopranos The Oprah Show
- Nola High Crimes Exorcist: The Beginning Human Nature
- Amy’s Orgasm Cowboys & Angels The Boondock Saints Object of My Affection
- Love Jones Monkey Trouble Red Sun Rising Red Sun Rising
- American Beauty E.R. Friends My Best Friends Wedding
- B.A.P.S. A Beautiful Mind American Pie 3 Academy Awards 2000
- Chris Rock Show Jumanji The Birdcage Oprah Winfrey Show
- American Ninja Melrose Place Death to Smoochy Saturday Nite Live
- BAPS Undercover BrotherThe Nanny Ricki Lake Show
- White Man’s Burden Red Light Anthony’s Desire Fresh Prince of BelAir
- Kingpin Warlock II Midnite The Bluetooth Virgin
- Watch It Life Goes On Woman Of Desire Truth About Cats & Dogs
- Deception Dangerous Touch Extreme Justice Killers From Space
- Crossworlds Mermaids Die Hard II By The Sword
- Renegades Monkey Trouble’s Year of the Gun I Love You to Death
- Life Stinks Committed Happy Together Best of the Best II
- The Fisher King Cool as Ice Jersey Girls Edward Scissorhands
- Nerds II, III & IV Jenny Jones Show Night Court Cheers
- Ruby Cairo Dallas Criminals Majority Rules
- The Cosby Show Barney Miller Straight Talk Dead Men Don’t Die
- Far From Home Chains of Gold Ninja II Q The Winged Serpent
- Mannequin II Bed & Breakfast Demonoids Children of the Bride
- David Letterman Pumpkin Head Unexplained Witches Sometimes they come Back
- Ten to Midnight Love and a .45 Summer Seductions Dead at 21 (MTV series)
- Jaguar Lives Carnie Pepe Plata Love, Cheat & Steal
- POW the Escape ROC St. Elsewhere Howard Stern Show
- Grumpy Old Men Midnight Caller Delta Lloyd Hollywood Connection
- Night Terror Overkill Millenium Hat Squad
- Hannah’s War Stepfather II Act Of Piracy Scissors
- Kinjite Genuine Risk Sellout The Outsiders
- Best Enemies Prelude to Love Hollywood Dreams Locked Up:A Mothers Rage
- Stolen Hearts Hell’s Belle’s White Dwarf Bonehead Detectives
- Speachless Dead Presidents The Granny Every Moment Is Goodbye
- Days of Our Lives The Abominable Snowman Tonight Show
- Toy Soldiers To My Daughter ABC Wide World Sports Harry & Hendersons
- She Said No Step By Step Pet Semetary II Dazzle Parker Kane
- Kids Incorporated Loving A Killer Among Us Beastmaster II
- Funniest Home Vid Angel Hit Me America’s Most Wanted
- The Dark Half SoftKill Gridlock Cowboys of Moo Mesa
- Full House Hogan Family I’ll Fly Away And then She Was Gone
- Head of the Class Guys Next Door Murphy Brown Hangin with Mr Cooper
- LifestylesR&Famous Windrunner Violent Zone Amityville Horror
- Meet Wally Sparks Harbinger Savage Boys Total Exposure
- Illegal in Blue Chase Attack of the 50 ft Vice Squad
- Glimpses Cry in the Night Bladeboxer Hwd. FX Masters
- Joshua’s Heart Leprechaun Remington Steele The Girl Who Couldn’t Lose
- Making the Grade Last To Go Masque Other Women’s Child
- Perfect Strangers Odd Jobs Millenium Day Philadelphia Experiment
- Railway Adventure Skeeter Spanish Rose Talk Soup
- Underworld Story Best of the Best Back to Back Too Wong Foo, With Love
- Harmony Cats 20/20 Bamboo Gods Heather Locklear Workout
- Too Fast Too Young Generations Hunter 8 Heads in a Dufflebag
- Death Before Sunrise Shadow Dancer Captiva Island The Mike Tyson Story
- Next to You Dream On Foreign Affairs Whatever Hpnd Baby Jane
- Family Matters Eye for an Eye Gayle King Show Object of my Affection
- Dead Fall E News Daily E True Hollywood Emmy Fashion Awards 97
- Inside the NFL 17 Faces for Fall Mysteries & Scandals Extra the Entertainment Mag.
- Party of Five Donny & Marie Celebrity Profile World’s Greatest Magic
- Love Walked In High Crimes The Wood My Family (Mi Familia)
- Private Matter Young & Restless All My Children
- Muppet Babies - Rocket To The Stars CBS Records
- Muppet Babies CBS Records
- Disney’s Greatest Movie Hits Orchard Lane / Musicland
- Chiller Thriller Movie Greats Orchard Lane / Musicland
- Scary Scenes for Halloween Orchard Lane / Musicland
- Greatest Western TV Themes Orchard Lane / Musicland
- Love Songs Metacom Entertainment
- The Demented Doctor K-tel Records
- Club Ghoul K-tel Records
- Greatest TV Themes K-tel Records
- Wedding Songs for the New Millenium K-tel R
- Songs from the Jungle Kid-tel / K-tel International
- Rock from the Stone Age Kid-tel / K-tel International
- Kid’s Spooky Songs & Stories K-TEL / K-tel International
- Edgar Allen Poe’s Greatest Stories K-TEL / K-tel International
- Horror Film Themes K-TEL / K-tel International
- Mystique The Hollywood Music Library
- A Dangerous Love The Hollywood Music Library
- Film Noir I, II, III The Hollywood Music Library
- Thunderock The Hollywood Music Library
- Wild City The Hollywood Music Library
- Night Chants The Hollywood Music Library
- Hispania The Hollywood Music Library
- Destiny The Hollywood Music Library
- Family Aventures The Hollywood Music Library
- Love Story The Hollywood Music Library
- Fabulous 50’s The Hollywood Music Library
- Exotic Landscapes The Hollywood Music Library
- Streets of Fire The Hollywood Music Library
- GI Joe Extreme Screenmusic Records
- The Young Warriors Varese Sarabande
- Revenge of the Ninja Varese Sarabande
- GreatestScience Fiction Themes Orchard Lane Records
- Greatest Western Themes Orchard Lane Records
- Demonic Soundscapes Orchard Lane Records
- Air of Terror Orchard Lane Records
- X-Men Original Soundtrack ScreenMusic Records
and... over 400 albums in various music libraries around the world, including the Hollywood Music Library
Through his company — Screenmusic International – Robert J. Walsh has created and produced award-winning music for film, television, and the record industry for over 20 years.
He has produced over 250 albums on various labels, garnered three Emmy nominations, scored over 50 animated and live action domestic and Network television series — and his music has been featured in literally thousands of movies and TV series around the world.
This includes feature scores for companies like Lionsgate Entertainment, Warner Bros, Orion Pictures, Hemisphere Ent., Marvel Ent., Hanna Barberra, Hemisphere Ent., Live Entertainment, Stu Segal Productions, Paramount Television, Stan Lee Films, and many other companies.
He has been the personal composer for Friz Freleng, Jim Henson, Stan Lee, Glen Larson, Lee Gunther, and many top film and tv producers.
In the mid-seventies, Rob had a group called Happy Day in Chicago – they had several top twenty records in the Midwest. He then moved on as the guitarist in the Jesus Christ Superstar New York road tour for 3 years. His manager Hal Zeiger brought him to Los Angeles to work on his first album release after the tour closed. Having arrived in Los Angeles he formed strong alliances with some of the top up-and-coming artists in town, and his studio and reputation as a musician-engineer -writer-producer flourished.
He became musical director/composer at Warner Bros. Animation in the early 1980’s for Friz Freleng, then went to Hanna-Barberra with Friz for one series — and then went on to score virtually all of the shows at Marvel Animation in their heyday, including Spiderman, GI Joe, Transformers, My Little Pony, X-Men, Dungeons & Dragons, and dozens of TV series.
During his tenure as Musical Director at Marvel, he worked closely with Jim Henson in creating the music for children’s shows like Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock.
Rob was the founder and creator of one of the The Hollywood Film Music Library record label, which was sold to the world’s largest music library conglomerate, FirstCom Music in Dallas, Texas in 1994 — and is currently owned by Universal. It has since become one of the most-used and most successful music libraries in the world.
Rob still writes, produces and deliver several albums per year for The Hollywood Film Music Library, as well as other music library companies and record labels.
In 1987, Rob also designed, and built what was to become the top animation post production facility in Los Angeles: ScreenMusic Studios, located in Studio City, Ca. Many animation shows have posted there, including Little Mermaids, Ninja Turtles, Ren & Stimpy, the Rugrats, etc. He sold that business to the world’s largest pharmaceutical company (Senju, a Japanese conglomerate) in 1990. Today it is owned by Frank Zappa’s family.
These days, Rob has his own state of the art digital scoring/mixing studio located in Encino, California. He has worked with many of the top stars in the record business, creating new tracks and albums, is extremely comfortable with live orchestral scores as well as contemporary sampled music techniques.
From this pastoral, relaxed, and creative location overlooking a guitar-shaped swimming pool, he continues to score shows and produce soundtracks for many of the industry’s top producers. Directors find this relaxed, cutting-edge studio a wonderful facility within which to work, previewing new soundtrack cues to picture and fine-tuning Rob’s tracks to achieve ultimate results in film and tv scoring.
The facility encompasses a Protools HD-3 station, a digital automated console, a 9-foot 1080p HD Digital Projection room with 5.1 surround sound — and has accomodated ADR, sound fx editing, sweetening and mixing for many top film directors and producers.
His more recent works have been several new animated net series, produced by Rob’s long-time friend Stan Lee, the creator of Spiderman, X-Men, Silver Surfer, etc. — and several features over the last year or two for Lionsgate Films. He has recently completed new original scores for the Harry Potter DVD game, as well as Transformers, Scooby-Doo, and the Berenstain Bears.