- Symphony number 1
- Paul Bunyan (ballet)
- Frankie and Johnie (ballet)
- The last judgement (ballet)
- Mother (1935) (play; coincidental music)
- Susanna and the Elders (1948) (one-act musical)
- Willie the Weeper (1948) (one-act musical)
- The Eccentricities of Davey Crockett (1948) (one-act musical)
- The Golden Apple (1954) (musical)
- Variations on a Waltz
- Concerto for flute with string orchestra
- Sonata for two pianos
- String quartet
Most of all Jerome Moross was known because he wrote many film scores, including that for The Big Country (maybe one of the greatest pieces of light music ever written).
Some of Moross’s film scores are:
He also composed the main theme to the third to eighth seasons of the TV series Wagon Train.