- A Dance by Candlelight (2008), 4:53, str qrt.
- Quartetto Rococo (2008), 4:36, str qrt.
- The Call for Spring (2008), 6:48, solo vln, str orch, harp
- Soliloquy (2008) 4:02, str orch, tubular bells and drum
- Highland Rain (2008), 3:17, solo vln, pno.
- Cerulean Suite for Strings, (2007), 11:37, solo vln, str orch.
- Liebe und Sieg (2007) 5:49, pipe organ.
Michelle Diehl (b. 1962, Minneapolis) has a rich background as a performer and a composer. Equally at home in the solo, symphonic, and chamber music genre, she taps her varied instrumental skills in composing music ranging from soliloquies to tapestry. A tireless craftsperson, her works embody artisanal attraction to balance and purity. Her works are often lyrically eloquent, rhythmically compelling and appeal on a broad intellectual and emotional spectrum. When she’s not composing original works, Ms Diehl enjoys working on arrangements of the works of the great baroque masters and romantic composers.
Her professional affiliations include membership in the International Alliance for Women in Music (IAWM), the American Music Center, American Composers Forum and ASCAP.
A longtime resident of Minneapolis and Key West, Florida, Ms. Diehl now resides in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.